AllWorld Migration Services
This visa permits applicants to temporarily study and work in Australia. Applicants need to meet certain conditions before they are granted this visa. Holders of this visa must abide by certain conditions on their visa. Failure to abide by the conditions may lead to a cancellation of the visa and subsequent removal of visa holders from Australia.
There are seven sub-classes for each education sector.
Student visa sub-classes
Subclass 570 - Independent ELICOS
This visa is for international students undertaking ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) as a stand-alone course, and not as a prerequisite to commencing another course (for example, a degree course)
Subclass 571 - Schools
This visa is for international students undertaking a course of study at a primary school or a secondary school, including both junior and senior secondary school, and an approved secondary exchange program
Subclass 572 - Vocational and technical education (VTE) sector
This visa is for Certificate I, II, III and IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma.
Subclass 573 - Higher education
This visa is for a Master degree by course work, Bachelor degree, Associate Degree, Graduate Certificate, and Graduate Diploma
Subclass 574 - Postgraduate Research
This visa is for a Masters degree by research and a Doctoral degree
Subclass 575 - Non-award
This visa is for foundation, bridging or other courses that do not lead to the award of a degree, diploma or other formal award
Subclass 576 - AusAID or Defence sponsored
This visa is for full-time study undertaken by AusAID or Defence students sponsored by the Australian Government.
General requirements for visa Applicants
• Applicants must be of good character
• Applicants must have sound health
• Applicants must have acceptable health insurance through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for yourself and members of your family unit accompanying you to Australia
• Applicants must have no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia, or have made arrangements acceptable to the Minister to repay such a debt
• where you are under 18 years of age, acceptable arrangements for your accommodation, support and general welfare are in place
Some Student visa conditions
• visa holders must satisfy attendance and course requirements and maintain a valid enrolment for your course
• visa holders must not work unless
you have been granted permission to do so
• visa holders must maintain your Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover while in Australia
• visa holders must leave Australia before your visa expires
• visa holders must advise their education provider of their residential address within seven days of your arrival in Australia. They must also advise them of any subsequent change in their address within seven days.
Offer of a place in a course and confirmation of enrolment
Visa application lodged outside Australia and assessed at either Assessment Level 2, 3, 4 or 5, are required to provide:
• an ‘offer of a place in a course’
letter from your Australian education provider at the time of lodging their
• an electronic confirmation of enrolment certificate issued by your education provider after lodging their application if they are requested by the Australian overseas mission to do so.
• proof of financial capability
from an acceptable source.
Visa application forms
Application for a student (temporary) visa - Form 157A
Application for an electronic student (temporary) visa - Form 157E
eligibility restricted to US Study Abroad, Norwegian and Swedish students over 18 years of age
Application for a student visa with permission to work - Form 157P
only to be lodged after you have arrived in Australia and commenced study in a registered course in Australia
Application for a student visa with permission to change education provider- Form 157C
Short Term Visitor/Tourist Visas - Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) - ETA
Assessment levels for student visas
Student visa applications are assessed by assessment levels. Assessment levels are determined by nationality of applicants.
The assessment levels depend on the likelihood of applicants abiding by their visa conditions. This is done by examining previous students’ behaviour. Assessment level 1 represents the lowest assessment level and assessment level 5 the highest.
Applicants with higher assessment levels are required to provide financial capacity and to demonstrate they have a adequate understanding of the English language. They may be required to provide some other evidence in addition the afore mentioned.
• capacity to cover the cost of air fares, course fees and living costs for the duration of their stay in Australia
• capacity to cover the costs of air fares, living costs and school tuition costs for members of their family for the duration of their stay in Australia.
• provide a level of English language proficiency depending the required level of their level of education
• academic record and history in the context of the course they intend to study
• immigration history
For Further information on this visa send us an email at email@example.com or click on the link to get a FREE MIGRATION ADVICE.